|resources:||Home Mailing List Installation Source Code Members Bugs Screenshots|
- 2007/02/20: version 0.9.15 new functionnalities and improvements
- 2006/08/20: version 0.9.14 bug corrections and improvements
- 2006/07/10: version 0.9.13 improved engine, look, and manual !
- 2006/07/04: version 0.9.12 with italian support !
- 2006/07/03: version 0.9.11, call number selected from web page !
- 2006/06/24: version 0.9.10 with support for 2 new locales
- New version 0.9.9 with Extension Manager support !
- New version 0.9.8 with Firefox-1.5 support !
- PayPal donations
|MozIAX: make phone calls
with your web browser !
What is MozIAX ?
MozIAX is a Firefox VoIP extension, a cross platform software IAX2 phone (softphone) to be used with Asterisk, the Open Source PBX. Like Asterisk, MozIAX is free software.
What distinguish MozIAX from other similar phones is that it is a Firefox (or Mozilla) extension, which gives it the following capabilities:
- select phone number from web page, then right click to call,
- native display of URL received from IAX2,
- defines the "tel:" protocol to initiate calls from a web page,
- internationalization (english, french, polish, dutch, Spanish -Argentina, and italian supported today),
- support for Firefox (or Mozilla) themes.
Other Moziax functionnalities are:
- connect to Asterisk manager to display busy channels, and queues status,
- support for text messages (chat),
- support for Yealink USB devices (currently only on Windows).
These functionnalities are well suited to build call centers using open technologies.
MozIAX is developped and tested mainly under Mandriva Linux; Windows version is made on XP Pro with MinGW - Minimal SYStem. It has been reported to run on OS X as well, but you will need to compile / install it manually (or donate hardware!).
ThanksYealink for providing a development kit, specially adapted for MozIAX, to support their USB devices.